Saturday, May 21

driving...an actual CAR!!!

ok, so i decided that i would meet up with yellow ducky's worst fear. she thinks that it is so terrible that the government should trust me enough to let me have a job this summer and also to let me have my liscense (a thing that will be relatively soon). i know, girl, it's creepy but i'm at the right age for crap like this to be somewhat happening.
anyhoo, today, my mom and i went for our first driving session out on the roads. i'd been practicing in parking lots before because i can only learn on a manual (or stick-shift) car due to the fact that we don't frickin own anything but these kind of cars. i did really well, though. i actually didn't run over/kill all the kids that we came across and suprisingly, i ran into no poles/cars/trees/houses/animals (thank god! i would have been crushed...or...they would have been...i'm confused)/bikers/stores/...well, you get the picture. i am getting the hang of shifting much better and i am truly excited about driving.
it is quite a responsibility and i'm ready for it. but i will NOT be involved in any car accidents of get any tickets 'cause i'm gonna be WAY TOO CAREFUL!!! i couldn't live with the fact of hurting anyone else in the car i hit or in mine. so, when i do get my liscense, if any of my friend's parents will allow them to ride with me know this....the car will NOT start without everyone's seatbelts on. i will not be paying much attention to things inside the car. i'll be focused on the road.
some of the videos at driver's ed just hit home for me. they were mostly things i knew but there was one that showed footage of bad car accidents and the people from them and let me tell you. it was real and very disturbing. the body does not naturally bend the way that i saw in these movies. i'll not say more but i'll just let you know that you can't see that kind of thing and then go drink and drive. or go drive and not pay attention. it's just something that you don't and should never do.
i value the life of my friends too much to let them come to such...ends. i will be a careful driver...no matter what. thus and such i do hereby swear. i really couldn't live with the consequences that come from accidents like that....

6 Comments:

Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

I applaud you!! Be a safe driver! It is so sweet that you are going to be able to drive! Not that my mom would let me ride with you anyhow, but still you will be able to drive yourself places!! That is awesome!!

your joyful maiden of horses

Saturday, May 21, 2005 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger tay said...

hey, my fear of teens driving is a good one!!! my sort-of friend, betsy, slid on black ice and yeah, well, she was okay, but the car wasn't. and my cousin britt got hit by a school bus (not hard, thank GOD!!) w/i her first year of driving. there is also more, but i do want to drive!! it just freaks me out to think about it!

Sunday, May 22, 2005 9:19:00 PM  
Blogger Polenta said...

i understand, y.d., and i sympathize. i'm in my right mind though and will be as careful as possible; unlike the people from driver's ed tapes....

Monday, May 23, 2005 2:04:00 PM  
Blogger tay said...

i would hope so. =)

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 9:25:00 PM  
Blogger Sauron's Kid said...

that sounds exciting! is it hard?


your humble servant of doom

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 6:04:00 PM  
Blogger Polenta said...

yes!!!!!!!!!! driving is very hard!!!! but i think i'm getting used to it and mom says that i'm getting better. yay!!!

golly! o thnk heav'n!!

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 6:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home