Thursday, July 7

forgotten again

i am here
can you see that i am here?
do you know, i used to always watch you?
the things you do....
looking up to you?
did you know?
did you know...
everthing i did....
i measured by you?
i thought what you might do....
what i might do to be like you.
but do you know
i do not anymore....
and never will again?
you have lost me by these foolish things you do
the uncaring that i feel emminating from you
can't you see that i despise you now?
the new you that you have replaced with my idol?
can't you see what you do?
the hurt you cause in me and 2?
can't you see that i can't talk to you anymore?
i don't know who you are or what you've become
and i'm not trying to find it out....
not even trying...
because i have sworn to care as much for you....
as you do for me.
thus i don't care at all
and never will again
the pain is too much and if you can't see it....
you're blind.
forgotten, all alone.
maybe it's best you forgot me
maybe it's better this way....
i have to be who i am
and you, who you pretend to be.
i go my seperate way.
i won't ever again try to rely on you...
it's obviously too much for you to remember me...
alone, i am forgotten, yet again

8 Comments:

Blogger Esperanza Rising said...

wow. there are tears in my eyes. mabe it's *that time* for me, but i don't think that's it. I think the mark of a good poet is if a random person who reads your poem can relate the poem to themselves, and you can most definitly do that for me....


chica bonita

Thursday, July 07, 2005 2:31:00 PM  
Blogger Polenta said...

i'm glad that it moved you and i am sorry if it hurt you at all. i'm mad and angry at this person and that's when i compose best (in the heat of emotions, love, hate, you know).


the one and only undisterbed yamath

Thursday, July 07, 2005 3:42:00 PM  
Blogger Esperanza Rising said...

exactly. i know exactly what you mean. in fact, i usually can't compose unless i'm in that kind of mood. and it hurt me in a way you can't help, and it was good, i don't know if you know what i mean or not, but anyway


chica bonita

Thursday, July 07, 2005 7:50:00 PM  
Blogger fiddlin' fool said...

I feel like I can relate to this poem too.......That makes me sad.....but I feel like the more I think it through the more I can feel better, so thanks!

Thursday, July 07, 2005 8:26:00 PM  
Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

you write such beautiful poetry grace! i'm sorry you feel this way because i know it's not a happy feeling, but writing is such a good way to get your feelings out! so far i've only been able to write poetry when i was angry or felt deserted.

i just have one question though...









does this mean it's over? the blue eyes and all. is he done?


jeune fille de chevals

Thursday, July 07, 2005 8:32:00 PM  
Blogger tay said...

wow girly. i feel so bad for u and ur heart. call me if u ever need to talk. and that was some pretty heavy poetry=)

Thursday, July 07, 2005 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Esperanza Rising said...

it's not about the blue eyes....and i don't just know that cause u told me, froggie...it's reallly weird cause i knew who it was as soon as i read it...and i don't really know why..oh well, i guess i'm just psychic =)...lol.

chica bonita

Saturday, July 09, 2005 5:26:00 PM  
Blogger Polenta said...

you really did, carrots. carritts is all the way right. it's not about blue eyes. this was inspired (in any way, it's still inspiration even if it's anger) by another person....



the one and only undisterbed yamath
STILL, PROPERTY OF OBI-WAN-KENOBI!

Sunday, July 10, 2005 10:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home